Milbat-Giving quality To Life
is a non-profit public organization, winner of the “President’s signal for a volunteer”, which operates in Israel from the year 1981 to improve quality of life and integration into a society of children, adults and elderly people with a limited level of functioning in a tailored technological environment.
Milbat is a multi-professional team with occupational healers, speech therapist communication and physiotherapists in the field of assistive technology. The team provides unique services including:
- Professional advice for the selection of auxiliary accessories for improving performance, safety and accessibility.
- Personal experience.
- Explain how to use them
- Information where they can be reached
In cases where there is no commercial solution suitable for addressing purposes, Milbat volunteers – Hundreds of experts voluntarily develop the necessary accessory or make accessibility adjustments to existing products.
Each accessory is personally tailored to the person’s needs with a symbolic participation of the cost of raw materials.
In Milbat there are games, musical means and treatment that are used in hundreds of health institutions, protected employment and institutions of special education throughout the country.
Milbat services are provided throughout Israel and are supported by:
- Children, teenagers and adults with disabilities;
- Disabled veterans the IDF;
- Elderly people who are contestants with a functional drop due to age or due to a temporary or permanent illness;
- Family members;
- Professionals and students;